Boat hulls

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2012
      This might be interesting to someone wanting a small inexpensive hull.

      http://de.opitec.com/opitec-web/articleNumber/206820/zz/cID/c3I6Qm9vdHNydW1wZjM
    • Jean-Yves Renaud
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 21, 2012
        Yes Daryl. I bought 3 of each kind 6 months ago. Good quality. I only miss time to build and test pop-pop engines on these hulls.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 22, 2012
          Hi J-Y,

          Good to know someone who has bought some and that they are decent. Are they pressed tin? I have not done much lately with boats or engines either.

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 22, 2012
            They are made of steel. Must be painted. However, when received they are perfect. Good punching. No trace of any rust.
            Anecdote: I placed an order to Opitec to buy soft brazing said to melt at 360°C. I added one hull and when ready to send the order the computer said that for something as 3€ more the shipping would be free. I added 2 more hulls. And then I got another offer to get a special price reduction if the amount was something as 2€ more. And finally for 5€ I got free shipping and 5 more hulls.
            Concerning the soft brazing I feeled it was melting easily. I measured the melting temperature. It was not 360°C but 360F!!!

          • kenneth@whitedenims.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 22, 2012
              Thank you Daryl. What is the cost, in USA dollars, for these hulls and has
              anyone in the USA been able to order them to determine the shipping charge
              to the USA?

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 24, 2012
                I don't really know but you have Jean-Yves reply and I think I saw prices in euros on the web page. Perhaps you could start an order and see what comes up then cancel if you don't like it. I have done very little ordering from the net so perhaps someone else can answer your question better.