Re: Video

  • Dwrrule
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2012
      I built a new boat today an when its running it move fast but its not very loud an sometime totally silent but its still moves fast an no smell of burning glue is this ok?

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Slater Harrison <Sharrison@...> wrote:

      > Ah, that would be the aluminum can, straws design at sciencetoymaker.org. Years ago when uploaded, there was a limit to how many minutes you could put onto one clip on YouTube, 5 or 10. Furthermore, some people lose track if things are not broken up. For people who wanted the whole thing in one place, there was Google Video, but that's recently gone defunct. Thanks for bringing it my attention; I'd forgotten. The long video transferred over to YouTube. Note however that step 6 was revised in the broken up videos but not on the long one (the old version works, just might be a little harder for some people).
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIeWuJtwRk
      >
      > You can find links to all the steps in order on this page
      > http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/makeBoat4_07.htm
      >
      > I suggest you take a look at Daryl's work, also, at puttputt4video on Youtube. They are beautiful, and recently Daryl has shown how to make some engines quite easily.
      >
      > Slater

    • Slater Harrison
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 19, 2012

        Hmm, the burning glue smell doesn’t sound good, but it it’s moving…hard to say without seeing it. Sometimes the engines from aluminum soda cans so not make any sound at first, but start making noise after a minute or so. Moving the candle a little forward or backward can help too. There’s still lots of mystery in these engines.

        I built a new boat today an when its running it move fast but its not very loud an sometime totally silent but its still moves fast an no smell of burning glue is this ok?

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Slater Harrison <Sharrison@...> wrote:

        > Ah, that would be the aluminum can, straws design at sciencetoymaker.org. Years ago when uploaded, there was a limit to how many minutes you could put onto one clip on YouTube, 5 or 10. Furthermore, some people lose track if things are not broken up. For people who wanted the whole thing in one place, there was Google Video, but that's recently gone defunct. Thanks for bringing it my attention; I'd forgotten. The long video transferred over to YouTube. Note however that step 6 was revised in the broken up videos but not on the long one (the old version works, just might be a little harder for some people).
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIeWuJtwRk
        >
        > You can find links to all the steps in order on this page
        > http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/makeBoat4_07.htm
        >
        > I suggest you take a look at Daryl's work, also, at puttputt4video on Youtube. They are beautiful, and recently Daryl has shown how to make some engines quite easily.
        >
        > Slater

      • waterrocketsrule
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 20, 2012
          I said NO smell of burning glue an were i have the candle works FINE!