Video

  • Dwrrule
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
      Were can you download the whole instructional video to make a putt putt boat instead of short video steps?
    • Daryl
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 8, 2012
        At puttputt4video on Youtube. Has "how to's" for engines and boats and lots of other stuff about put putt boats.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 9, 2012
          Im talking about the 1 hour an 14 minute that is mentioned on the how to make a putt putt boat. it has the link to google video but its no longer there. i was just wondering if i could find it any were?

          > At puttputt4video on Youtube. Has "how to's" for engines and boats and lots of other stuff about put putt boats.
          >
          > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Dwrrule" <waterrocketsrule@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Were can you download the whole instructional video to make a putt putt boat instead of short video steps?

        • Slater Harrison
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 10, 2012

            Ah, that would be the aluminum can, straws design at sciencetoymaker.org. Years ago when uploaded, there was a limit to how many minutes you could put onto one clip on YouTube, 5 or 10. Furthermore, some people lose track if things are not broken up. For people who wanted the whole thing in one place, there was Google Video, but that’s recently gone defunct. Thanks for bringing it my attention; I’d forgotten. The long video transferred over to YouTube. Note however that step 6 was revised in the broken up videos but not on the long one (the old version works, just might be a little harder for some people).

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIeWuJtwRk

            You can find links to all the steps in order on this page

            http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/makeBoat4_07.htm

            I suggest you take a look at Daryl’s work, also, at puttputt4video on Youtube. They are beautiful, and recently Daryl has shown how to make some engines quite easily.

            Slater

            Im talking about the 1 hour an 14 minute that is mentioned on the how to make a putt putt boat. it has the link to google video but its no longer there. i was just wondering if i could find it any were?

            > At puttputt4video on Youtube. Has "how to's" for engines and boats and lots of other stuff about put putt boats.
            >
            > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Dwrrule" <waterrocketsrule@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Were can you download the whole instructional video to make a putt putt boat instead of short video steps?

            This message, together with any attachments, may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message, along with any attachments.

          • Dwrrule
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 12, 2012
              I built a new boat today an when its running it move fast but its not very loud an sometime totally silent but its still moves fast an no smell of burning glue is this ok?

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 19, 2012

                Hmm, the burning glue smell doesn’t sound good, but it it’s moving…hard to say without seeing it. Sometimes the engines from aluminum soda cans so not make any sound at first, but start making noise after a minute or so. Moving the candle a little forward or backward can help too. There’s still lots of mystery in these engines.

                I built a new boat today an when its running it move fast but its not very loud an sometime totally silent but its still moves fast an no smell of burning glue is this ok?

                --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Slater Harrison <Sharrison@...> wrote:

                > Ah, that would be the aluminum can, straws design at sciencetoymaker.org. Years ago when uploaded, there was a limit to how many minutes you could put onto one clip on YouTube, 5 or 10. Furthermore, some people lose track if things are not broken up. For people who wanted the whole thing in one place, there was Google Video, but that's recently gone defunct. Thanks for bringing it my attention; I'd forgotten. The long video transferred over to YouTube. Note however that step 6 was revised in the broken up videos but not on the long one (the old version works, just might be a little harder for some people).
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbIeWuJtwRk
                >
                > You can find links to all the steps in order on this page
                > http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/makeBoat4_07.htm
                >
                > I suggest you take a look at Daryl's work, also, at puttputt4video on Youtube. They are beautiful, and recently Daryl has shown how to make some engines quite easily.
                >
                > Slater

              • waterrocketsrule
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 20, 2012
                  I said NO smell of burning glue an were i have the candle works FINE!