FW: Bateau Pop Pop

  • Slater Harrison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2012

      I am forwarding an e-mail from Patrick Hadengue of France. If you click on the link there LONG page with embedded videos. His pop pops are very much in the skilled craftsman mode, metal working. At the very bottom he has links to Daryl and Jean-Yves work.

      One video shows how to make the hull and deck. Several following video show it great detail how to make the robust engine (membrane held down with tiny screws, silicone gasket). It’s all in French, but it’s so visual and detailed that I had no trouble understanding. Then there are videos about measuring thrust, shapes, etc. He has dozens of experimental designs.

      I hope he will join our group.

      Slater

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2012
        If you use Google Chrome as a web browser, you can get a fair translation of the text.

        Ron
        <Snip>

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 27, 2012
          If you have windows 7, right click on the page and there is a Bing translation option. I've got a problem in that the videos won't open from the page (there is an info dropdown saying an error occurred, try again later). They appear to be associated with youtube (which is working just fine). Is there any links to the videos on youtube?

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "rons_hobbies" <peter.pilot@...> wrote:

          > If you use Google Chrome as a web browser, you can get a fair translation of the text.
          >
          > Ron
          > <Snip>
          > It's all in French, but it's so visual and detailed that I had no trouble understanding. Then there are videos about measuring thrust, shapes, etc. He has dozens of experimental designs.
          > >
          > > I hope he will join our group.
          > >
          > > Slater
          > >
          > ><Snip>

        • Daryl
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 28, 2012
            I translated with the Google toolbar using Windows XP and all works fine. The translate option is there without a right click. Jean=Yves sent me this link some time ago. The gentleman makes progress.