Re: Putt Putt Boats in High School Science Lesson

  • Paul M
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2012
      A very nice project, I bet the students have lots of fun!

      I hope you win the contest and that the students embrace the Putt-putt engine as a hobby so that maybe one day you can proudly say:"The ultimate putt-putt engine was built by one of my former students." ;)

      Regards,
      Paul

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Knispel" <eknispel@...> wrote:

      > Dear Group,
      > I have been a quiet member for quite awhile but have appreciated many of the inspired videos posted by others.
      >
      > The recent trend toward STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) education in the US has motivated me to make a 2.5 minute video of how I incorporate Putt Putts into my chemistry class for the purpose of competing for $15000 prize to be used for classroom supplies.
      >
      > The link to my "Stemie" video is:
      > http://stemie.mcgraw-hill.com/submission/show/4170
      >
      > You're all welcome to have look and leave comments (if you can sign in with a fb account or twitter). Otherwise, post comments here if you'd like.
      >
      > Thanks for all the inspiration!
      > Eric Knispel

    • Slater Harrison
      Message 2 of 4 , May 30, 2012

        Nice work, Eric. I’ve seen some of your other school projects: top notch. Keep us posted.

        I have been a quiet member for quite awhile but have appreciated many of the inspired videos posted by others.

        The recent trend toward STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) education in the US has motivated me to make a 2.5 minute video of how I incorporate Putt Putts into my chemistry class for the purpose of competing for $15000 prize to be used for classroom supplies.

        The link to my "Stemie" video is:
        http://stemie.mcgraw-hill.com/submission/show/4170

        You're all welcome to have look and leave comments (if you can sign in with a fb account or twitter). Otherwise, post comments here if you'd like.

        Thanks for all the inspiration!
        Eric Knispel

        This message, together with any attachments, may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message, along with any attachments.