very simple pop pop engine with sound

  • Slater Harrison
    Message 1 of 3 , May 18 1:38 PM

      Hello Gents and ….do we have any ladies in this group or is this what they call a good ol’ boys club?

      Anyhow, I work with kids and I’m always looking for simpler ways to build the putt putt  so younger kids can participate. So this chap named Erik Herman from Cornel University’s Synchrotron Lab outreach developed a putt putt engine from tea candles—the aluminum outside. And of course he still uses the candles. And it makes the pop pop sound.

      You can see a video here

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQsogOFwbSg

      and here is a PowerPoint of making it

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13276700/PuttPuttBoat%20HowTo.pptx

      or movie

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13276700/PuttPuttBoat%20HowTo.mov

      I think it’s important that us old guys pass on the love of pop pops to the next generation and this is another way to do it.

      Slater

      PS Welcome Ryan, check the archives for the big engine dilemma

      This message, together with any attachments, may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the message, along with any attachments.

    • Motleyjust
      Message 2 of 3 , May 19 4:58 PM
        Interesting, simple design.  I can't open the PowerPoint file, but I watched the how to build it movie.  The movie skipped the part about making the body. What kind of juice box is that? It looks aluminum.

        motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley
        http://kazoologist.org/
        If you hum into in and it makes noise, it is probably a kazoo.
        If you blow into in and it makes noise, it is probably not a kazoo.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 19 5:12 PM

          The build-it movie is the same as the powerpoint. I don’t know about the body but Eric is visiting in a couple weeks—I’ll find out.