Re: Foam, foam on the range?

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2006
      yeah! Roy Rodgers, Gene Autry, Cisco Kid, the Lone Ranger...and the list
      goes on. We're dating ourselves. Who was the one with Andy Devine? No,
      not the Plunk your magic twanger Froggie!

      Just busting "CHOPS". Speaking of getting out of the kitchen.

      "Refrigerators"? I can spell my damn finger (Hunt & Peck) can't!
      Actually I was trying to rush a note out during lunch and didn't proof.
      Now it's break time. What can I say?

      <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

      > Hey Pete,
      >
      > Didn't you ever go to the movies back when Roy Rogers would sing
      > "Home, Home on the Range" to his horse? And take another look at that
      > last sentence. The word looks like "refrigerators" from where I'm
      standing.

      > Best wishes, Frank
      >
      > On 11/14/06, Pete B. georgeyyy@... wrote:
      > >

      > > Hey Frank & crew,
      > >
      > > Which is it, the "RANGE" from your subject title or the
      "REFRIGERTORS"
      > > from your last sentence? Sounds like you have to get out of the
      kitchen.

      > > All kidding aside. My wheels were turning on the foam approach just
      last
      > > night. I own several of the Lindberg, Ideal Toy type plastic models,
      all
      > > of which are still unassembled. Some are complete, a couple are
      missing
      > > parts. I picked up those for spares. Anyway, I was thinking of using
      one
      > > of the naked hulls to create a mold for a foam hull using the low
      > > expansion aeresol insulation. The hulls are approx 18" long so the
      plan
      > > is to buy or make a box for the outer form. The plastic hull would
      be
      > > suspend below flush with the top edges. The engine pocket could even
      be
      > > an insert. I could then mix a slurry of plaster of ceramic from one
      of
      > > the local ceramic shops. Once fired the impression (hopefully it
      would
      > > have picked up som of the planking details etc.) could be sealed
      from
      > > the foam. You put a sufficient amount of foam in the cavity and the
      shut
      > > it off with a plate to restrict the expansion and perhaps create a
      hull
      > > that would be a little denser that free expanding foam. Once cured
      the
      > > foam hull could be modified with Xacto tools and then painted. Once
      the
      > > basic hull is complete you have various options for the rest of the
      > > details.
      > >
      > > Like you I have many ideas just floating around in my head. Sooner
      or
      > > later I'll have to act on one or two. Too many irons in the fire
      with
      > > work and all. One of the irons got hotter last night.
      > >
      > > My 50th elementary school Reunion fell in place. I reserved a
      Country
      > > Club for a BBQ on Aug 11 and a Brunch on Aug 12, 2007 in New
      Hampshire.

      pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com<pop-pop-steamboats%40yahoogroups.com>\
      ,
      > > "Frank McNeill"
      > > frankmcneilll@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Len, Pete and all,
      > > >
      > > > I think Len might be right about not wanting to do a tinnie. I
      think
      > > our
      > > > member Graham McAllister has a better material for pop-pop boats.
      Foam

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2006
        Hi Pete,

        I can date myself more than you can with Hoot Gibson and Hopalong Cassidy.
        Andy Devine was a Roy Rogers sidekick and did several westerns with John Wayne.
        Gregory Peck did a few westerns, but none that I recall with anybody named Hunt.
        Helen Hunt was in a few movies, but never impressed me as being a cowgirl type.

        See you around the mule barn, old Frank

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2006

          Hi Frank,

           WILD BILL HICKOCK!