Re: New design Putt Putt engine

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 2012
      Interesting engine. I would think it could also be made using drink can aluminum and JBWeld epoxy instead of brass sheet and solder. The thin metal bonded edges seem to be less succeptable to overheating than thick materials when at a comparable distance from the heat source.

      > Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo

    • Daryl
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 26, 2012
        Unlikely you could maintain the near zero volume with such light material hence power and Hz would drop off quickly but by all means try it and if it works well show us a video.

        > Interesting engine. I would think it could also be made using drink can aluminum and JBWeld epoxy instead of brass sheet and solder. The thin metal bonded edges seem to be less succeptable to overheating than thick materials when at a comparable distance from the heat source.
        >
        > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.
        > >
        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo

      • MO
        Message 3 of 6 , May 4 6:06 PM
          Superb instruction! The cycles seem much more consistent...more steady...Nice design Daryl