RE: [pop-pop-steamboats] New design Putt Putt engine

  • Norman Adrian
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2012

      Very nice and very informative – Thanks.

      Norm

      Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2012

        Thanks Daryl. Very well done as usual.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2012
          Interesting engine. I would think it could also be made using drink can aluminum and JBWeld epoxy instead of brass sheet and solder. The thin metal bonded edges seem to be less succeptable to overheating than thick materials when at a comparable distance from the heat source.

          > Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo

        • Daryl
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2012
            Unlikely you could maintain the near zero volume with such light material hence power and Hz would drop off quickly but by all means try it and if it works well show us a video.

            > Interesting engine. I would think it could also be made using drink can aluminum and JBWeld epoxy instead of brass sheet and solder. The thin metal bonded edges seem to be less succeptable to overheating than thick materials when at a comparable distance from the heat source.
            >
            > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.
            > >
            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo

          • MO
            Message 5 of 6 , May 4, 2012
              Superb instruction! The cycles seem much more consistent...more steady...Nice design Daryl