New design Putt Putt engine

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2012
      Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo
    • Norman Adrian
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2012

        Very nice and very informative – Thanks.

        Norm

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2012

          Thanks Daryl. Very well done as usual.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2012
            Interesting engine. I would think it could also be made using drink can aluminum and JBWeld epoxy instead of brass sheet and solder. The thin metal bonded edges seem to be less succeptable to overheating than thick materials when at a comparable distance from the heat source.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 26, 2012
              Unlikely you could maintain the near zero volume with such light material hence power and Hz would drop off quickly but by all means try it and if it works well show us a video.

              > Interesting engine. I would think it could also be made using drink can aluminum and JBWeld epoxy instead of brass sheet and solder. The thin metal bonded edges seem to be less succeptable to overheating than thick materials when at a comparable distance from the heat source.
              >
              > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Here is a link to a video that will show you how to build it.
              > >
              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOeSnlWnnIo

            • MO
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4 6:06 PM
                Superb instruction! The cycles seem much more consistent...more steady...Nice design Daryl