Re: New material for construction of pop-pop boat hulls.

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012

      Hi Wes,

      Check this like out. It gives the basics of what Frank has talked about in the past.

      http://www.building-model-boats.com/bread-and-butter-model-boat.html

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Wes Goostrey <wgoostrey@...> wrote:

      > OK OLD Frank,,,
      > You've got my curiosity UP !!
      >
      > Do you have a "build log" or a "link" (to a you-tube video or other) explaining or demonstrating a "bread and butter" build?
      > HHMMM? (and foot tapping...)  .... and waiting...
      >
      > old wes

    • Wes Goostrey
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        SEE , ya NEVER GET TOO OLD ta LEARN !!!
        That method would work with Fan Fold ( blue foam insulation ) and PU glue . gorilla glue.
        but certainly should work with the other boards . What adhesive would you use ?
        old wes
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2012
          Old Wes,

          I have found that choice of adhesive can be trial and error. A lot of them depend on Mat'l, temperature and humidity condititions to work at their best. I would try sample pieces of your mat'l with a few of the recommended adhesives.

          Here is the link for Old Old Frank's "Mag-board":
          http://www.mag-board.com/product.htm