Re: New material for construction of pop-pop boat hulls.

  • Wes Goostrey
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
      OK OLD Frank,,,
      You've got my curiosity UP !!
      Do you have a "build log" or a "link" (to a you-tube video or other) explaining or demonstrating a "bread and butter" build?
      HHMMM? (and foot tapping...)  .... and waiting...

      old wes
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012

        Hi Wes,

        Check this like out. It gives the basics of what Frank has talked about in the past.

        http://www.building-model-boats.com/bread-and-butter-model-boat.html

        Pete

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Wes Goostrey <wgoostrey@...> wrote:

        > OK OLD Frank,,,
        > You've got my curiosity UP !!
        >
        > Do you have a "build log" or a "link" (to a you-tube video or other) explaining or demonstrating a "bread and butter" build?
        > HHMMM? (and foot tapping...)  .... and waiting...
        >
        > old wes

      • Wes Goostrey
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
          SEE , ya NEVER GET TOO OLD ta LEARN !!!
          That method would work with Fan Fold ( blue foam insulation ) and PU glue . gorilla glue.
          but certainly should work with the other boards . What adhesive would you use ?
          old wes
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2012
            Old Wes,

            I have found that choice of adhesive can be trial and error. A lot of them depend on Mat'l, temperature and humidity condititions to work at their best. I would try sample pieces of your mat'l with a few of the recommended adhesives.

            Here is the link for Old Old Frank's "Mag-board":
            http://www.mag-board.com/product.htm