New material for construction of pop-pop boat hulls.

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012

      I have invited the owner of a company that sells a fireproof siding material called "Magboard" to visit our discussion group and consider joining.
      Magboard is both waterproof and fireproof and could be used for production of pop-pop boat hulls by anyone who uses the "bread and butter" construction method.

      Best wishes, Old Frank
    • Wes Goostrey
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
        OK OLD Frank,,,
        You've got my curiosity UP !!
        Do you have a "build log" or a "link" (to a you-tube video or other) explaining or demonstrating a "bread and butter" build?
        HHMMM? (and foot tapping...)  .... and waiting...

        old wes
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012

          Hi Wes,

          Check this like out. It gives the basics of what Frank has talked about in the past.

          http://www.building-model-boats.com/bread-and-butter-model-boat.html

          Pete

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Wes Goostrey <wgoostrey@...> wrote:

          > OK OLD Frank,,,
          > You've got my curiosity UP !!
          >
          > Do you have a "build log" or a "link" (to a you-tube video or other) explaining or demonstrating a "bread and butter" build?
          > HHMMM? (and foot tapping...)  .... and waiting...
          >
          > old wes

        • Wes Goostrey
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2012
            SEE , ya NEVER GET TOO OLD ta LEARN !!!
            That method would work with Fan Fold ( blue foam insulation ) and PU glue . gorilla glue.
            but certainly should work with the other boards . What adhesive would you use ?
            old wes
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2012
              Old Wes,

              I have found that choice of adhesive can be trial and error. A lot of them depend on Mat'l, temperature and humidity condititions to work at their best. I would try sample pieces of your mat'l with a few of the recommended adhesives.

              Here is the link for Old Old Frank's "Mag-board":
              http://www.mag-board.com/product.htm