Re: New Guy

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2011
      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Walter Hansen <gandalf@...> wrote:

      > Anyway I'd like to build a somewhat large ship something 20-30 inches or
      > so.

      The first thing to do is make a large engine that actually works, and then expand from that. Below is an interesting larger engine that you might consider. I made something similar using can lids, but they failed as I now know that I was applying far more heat than actually required. The bottom link has a picture of a large German pop pop boat.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PBgYCkwdV8

      http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/pop-pop/