Water Torch

  • David Halfpenny (y)
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 5, 2011
      From: "Frank McNeill" <frankmcneilll@...>
      Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 6:45 PM
      To: <pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: Tony - meths lamps, wick tubes, Parasene
      torches

      > Hi All,
      > Has anyone (or two) ever used a water torch for any purpose?

      No but it's neat - water + electricity = fire.

      Can make a really fine clean flame.

      Snag is that it tends to oxidise, so an ordinary oxy-hydrogen torch which
      uses a higher ratio of hydrogen to oxygen is more generally useful.

      There's always guys out there who think they've just invented it - bless
      them! 200 years too late to get a patent.

      David 1/2d
    • mike.recycle
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 11, 2011
        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny \(y\)" <david.halfpenny@...> wrote:

        > . . . . Just fit the torch to the can, get the job done and then store your torch
        > OFF the can and you'll be OK.

        Thanks, for a tiny leak that's a good idea, if I cannot fix the leak completely.

        > If a can bubbles under water on its own, then I'm less sure about that.

        I suspected the can itself too but it passed the underwater test.

        Mike