Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: David - Parasene torches etc

  • David Halfpenny (y)
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 5, 2011
      From: "mike.recycle" <mike.recycle@...>
      Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 1:47 PM
      To: <pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: David - Parasene torches etc

      > GoSystem also have a "DIY Blow Lamp GB2070H" (Grievous Bodily Harm 2070?)
      > which says "use at any angle" which sounds promising (including upside
      > down in a hammock presumably?).

      Precisely.

      it's the same as mine but cheaper as it doesn't have ignition.

      With Go System if you want three different flame sizes you have to buy
      three different torches, but that's not a disaster at the price they are,
      and a whole set of them will fit into a little toolbox.

      David 1/2d
    • mike.recycle
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 11, 2011
        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny \(y\)" <david.halfpenny@...> wrote:

        > . . . . Just fit the torch to the can, get the job done and then store your torch
        > OFF the can and you'll be OK.

        Thanks, for a tiny leak that's a good idea, if I cannot fix the leak completely.

        > If a can bubbles under water on its own, then I'm less sure about that.

        I suspected the can itself too but it passed the underwater test.

        Mike