Re: David - Parasene torches etc

  • mike.recycle
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 5, 2011
      Thank you David, that's quite a seminar in blow torch use! I'll just pick up on a couple of points:

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny \(y\)" <david.halfpenny@...> wrote:

      > . . . . My new blowlamp is a GoSystem AT2071H Auto Start Blow Torch.
      > http://www.go-system.co.uk/diy-range/diy/diy-auto-blow-torch.html
      >
      > It's very similar to your 762 but with piezo ignition and anti-flare, for
      > which one pays more of course.

      GoSystem seems to be the brand in the supermarkets.

      GoSystem also have a "DIY Blow Lamp GB2070H" (Grievous Bodily Harm 2070?) which says "use at any angle" which sounds promising (including upside down in a hammock presumably?).

      I have also found Hamilton Gas Products who seem to have very sharp prices (GB2070H at £6.30, gas cartridges at £1.95) - have a look, they're at:
      http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/
      Minimum P+P is £5.75 so it might be worthwhile to order more than one cartridge at a time.

      But first I'll see what the coming Parasene 761 Fine Flame does, or does not do, and decide where to go from there. I might like to have a Fine Flame torch as well as a GP DIY one. Meanwhile on Monday I'll ask Parasene whether the 761 and 762 are "use at any angle" or not.

      Mike
    • mike.recycle
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 11, 2011
        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny \(y\)" <david.halfpenny@...> wrote:

        > . . . . Just fit the torch to the can, get the job done and then store your torch
        > OFF the can and you'll be OK.

        Thanks, for a tiny leak that's a good idea, if I cannot fix the leak completely.

        > If a can bubbles under water on its own, then I'm less sure about that.

        I suspected the can itself too but it passed the underwater test.

        Mike