Parasene cheap blow torches (UK)

  • mike.recycle
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011
      I bought a Parasene 762 GP propane/butane torch with cartridge and fired it up OK but when I tested it for leaks in water I found a small but constant leak from the connection. I tightened it as much as I dared but no better. I phoned Parasene and they say it should not be necessary to screw the cartridge in very tight. So that one has gone back for refund.

      I also have a Parasene 761 Fine Flame propane/butane torch with cartridge on order and am now wondering whether that will leak too.

      Does anyone have any experience of these cheap DIY torches? Plumb Centre quoted me £60 or something for a plumber's torch and I don't want to pay that kind of money, the Parasene ones come in at around £14 delivered from Ebay.

      Mike