Daryl - meths lamp chimneys and wicks

  • mike.recycle
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 3, 2011
      Firstly, I've lost the link to your pic of all your meths burners - can you remind me please?

      Secondly, short chimney = meths boils in sump, right?

      I guess non-conducting chimneys and insulation on top of sump have been tried?

      Meanwhile, I've ordered some 3 mm oil lamp wick to try in aluminium foil with meths-soaked wadding?

      Mike
    • mike.recycle
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 11, 2011
        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "David Halfpenny \(y\)" <david.halfpenny@...> wrote:

        > . . . . Just fit the torch to the can, get the job done and then store your torch
        > OFF the can and you'll be OK.

        Thanks, for a tiny leak that's a good idea, if I cannot fix the leak completely.

        > If a can bubbles under water on its own, then I'm less sure about that.

        I suspected the can itself too but it passed the underwater test.

        Mike