boats

  • crahar2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2006
      Sounds interesting I've never seen one of these before. I live in
      Beaumont, Texas we're almost neighbors hope to learn something new on
      here.
      Craig
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2006
        Hi Craig,

        I haven't seen a pop-pop boat either, at least not for a long time. There are links that
        provide most of what can currently be known about pop-pop boats. The interesting
        stuff might come later if somebody, or several somebodies, develop radio controllable
        models based on the appearance of Civil War ironclads and blockade runners, and some
        of the many oceangoing vessels from the 19th century period of transition from wind
        to steam. As an example, go to http://tinyurl.com/lyfml for a virtual tour of HMS Warrior
        of 1860, truly cutting-edge technology at that time.

        Best wishes, Frank