Re: There are seventeen of us now.

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi Art,

      Apparently Dr. Sastry does monitor our chatter because
      he was faster off the mark than I was. Flyrod construction
      is probably more of a domestic passion, so I went to the
      American Bamboo Society's website and found this for
      you at http://tinyurl.com/zwvf9 Let me know if what you
      obtain there is inadequate and I will take another crack at it.

      Best wishes, Frank

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Art Port" <aport@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Frank,
      > We're a pretty esoteric group. We know what we're doing and how to do it, but not
      always WHY it works. That depends on the structure of the grass and that information's
      not always available to someone without a PhD in the field of botany. And from what we've
      seen, it's not always available if you DO have a PhD! <G> (So we'll be gentle - BSEG)

    • Art Port
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
        Thanks again, Frank,
            To give you an idea of what's already out there, you might take a look at:
        http://www.bamboorodmaking.com/   to see how we do such magic.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
          Thank you Art for this URL, I added a link "Bamboo Rod Making Tips"
          so it can be found after this string has passed out of sight, and as the
          saying goes, "out of mind."

          Best wishes to all, and to all a good night,
          old Frank