New Photo

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2011
      It really was time for a new photo. The name of the boat is Silent Susan and it is an 8 tube putt putt engine with a massive boiler.
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 31, 2011
        Hi Daryl,

        Silent Susan looks more like a product of drafting or painting software than hardware from your shop. It would be more convincing with the addition of a smokestack.

        > It really was time for a new photo. The name of the boat is Silent Susan and it is an 8 tube putt putt engine with a massive boiler.

      • Wes Goostrey
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 31, 2011
          I there a build log AND a video ?

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
            I'll take that as a compliment for the quality of the photography

            Two more photos of this boat in my photos.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
              The boat was built by Siegried Schmid (Germany) and sent to me as a gift from his friend Tom Steinbrenner. Both gentlemen were builders of innovative putt putt boats.

              I do have video. Will post a bit on my youtube channel when I get a chance. The engine runs well though it is not very powerfull considering it's size. The hull seems to be mostly a cardboard composite.

              What the heck is a build log and what use is it to you or me?

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
                I found information about a build log by asking my friend Google and learned that their is more than one of them at http://www.buildlog.net/

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
                  Good Morning all,

                  I could be wrong but Wes was most likely asking about constuction details, essentially a "how to" build the boat in question. It could be as simple as sketches with instructions or something more ellaborate as Frank found.

                  That reminds me I still owe a set of drawings for the food container tug, sans engine designed by Charles Clarke one of our members. Things (to do lists) are slowing down. Will try to get to it soon.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 17, 2011
                    A video of Silent Susan and friends is now on youtube at....
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/PuttPutt4video?feature=mhsn#p/u/11/DtIYC-59u-o