Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Putt Putt Engine Design

  • TONY BIRD
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
      Hi Daryl,

      Many thanks. Excellent enjoyed it very much. I will have to have another go at make one.

      Regards Tony.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
        Hello Daryl.

        So are most of these boilers soldered together or are they brazed or what??!! I see some are bolted together. What kind of gasket is used between the metal surfaces? Any ideas??!!

        Thanks,

        Tom

      • kenneth@whitedenims.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011
          It is evident that you have experimented with many different ideas!

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 25, 2011

            Daryl,

            Fascinating! You have a fertile mind, an excellant shop and tons of talent (& time). Thanks for sharing the results.

            > Hi all,
            >
            > Maybe this will help motivate you to get building.
            >
            > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrpvMR_CLs
            >
            > The world needs more Putt Putt/Pop Pop boats and engines.

          • Daryl
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
              Thanks Pete and I have to add that you probably have closets bigger than my shop. But then size doesn't matter does it? LOL

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
                Yes. I have built well over a hundred engines so I'm a bit of an expert on what does not work well.

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
                  The boilers and pipes that are exposed to high temperatures are silver brazed. The ones that are bolted together are diaphragm type engines. My youtube video Easy Putt Putt engine build will give you some detail on these engines.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkZACnaDSQ
                  And a follow up video...
                  Loud Jack Black http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5KCIVF5Q7g
                  Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

                  --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Tom Miller <btpd016@...> wrote:

                  > Hello Daryl.
                  > So are most of these boilers soldered together or are they brazed or what??!! I see some are bolted together. What kind of gasket is used between the metal surfaces? Any ideas??!!
                  > Thanks,
                  > Tom

                • Peak45
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
                    Do you sell engines Daryl ?

                    Wayne............

                    <darylcanada73@...>
                    > Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Putt Putt Engine
                    Design
                    > To:
                    href="mailto:pop-pop-steamboats%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:pop-pop-steamboats%40yahoogroups.com

                    Date: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 3:58 AM

                    href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrpvMR_CLs">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIrpvMR_CLs

                    > The world needs more Putt Putt/Pop Pop boats and
                    engines.

                    No virus found in this message.

                  • Tom Miller
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
                      Thanks Daryl,

                      I'll give it a try!!!

                      Tom

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 28, 2011
                        Sorry no. My wife might though if they keep proliferating.