Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] exergia not energia

  • caedave
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
      Yes, it is euro's so that's about a tenner UK and 7USD
      dependent on what they add for p&p and exchange.

      Dave M.
      Repulsion Steam boat - 13 pounds british... (at least I think thats what that little symbol means - might actually mean Euros now that I think about it....)

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
        Hi Dave,

        According to my handy-dandy little Google converter, one euro is currently worth 1.2765 US dollars, so that exergia pop-pop boat would cost 16.5945 dollars— just a rough estimate I worked out in my head of course! :-)

        Best wishes, old Frank

        On 11/7/06, caedave <caedave@...> wrote:

        Yes, it is euro's so that's about a tenner UK and 7USD
        dependent on what they add for p&p and exchange.

        Dave M.
        Repulsion Steam boat - 13 pounds british... (at least I think thats what that little symbol means - might actually mean Euros now that I think about it....)

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • caedave
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
          Aaaar  did my dollar convert backwards.  Silly old me.

          Dave M.

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
              On there prices, I took a good look at the site and it's all aimed
              at education (having been there and done that) so up goes the price.

              Silly really, these go up and proper stuff  like CAD software goes down.

              In education you can have one seat of the latest AutoCAD (Normally £4000+)
              for what these people charge for there Stirling Engine.

              Dave M.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006

                Frank & all,

                Thanks for the pat on the back. You're the one who most desrves it.

                I don't believe that for a minute. The way things are going it will be Chinese "PLASTIC". How many transactions take place each day without actual cash changing hands?

                As to the R/C CLERMONT:

                At this point you know almost as much as I do. I was contacted by the builder indirectly the "sleeping" Saugerties Fulton Steamboat Foundation's Website. I went into the E-mail system and had all E-mails forwarded to my Hotmail Acct. I have rec'd approx a dozen E-mails so far, all of which I have personally answered. The CLERMONT builder asked for drawings etc. which I have sent him. I keep you posted as i learn more.

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
                  Hi Pete & all,

                  You're probably right about the plastic, because Chinese manufacturers have learned how to make plastic out of bamboo. If you see a few typos, it might be because I'm currently engaged in a boom box battle with the black folks downstairs, who play gangsta-rap-crap 24-7. When it gets loud enough to shake the floor I retaliate with a stack of classical masterpieces. At the moment the 1812 Overture is approaching the point where they orginally fired cannons onstage! I started practicing this strategy on a pair of rednecks who lived there several years ago, after reading about a McDonalds drive in that started blasting classics outside to break up congregations of teenagers that used the parking lot as a place for their get-togethers. It seems to be working, because I don't hear the gangsta-rap boom booms any more, possibly as a result of the synthesized cannon fire.

                  Best wishes to all, old suddenly gone deaf Frank

                  On 11/7/06, Pete B. <georgeyyy@... > wrote:

                  Frank & all,

                  Thanks for the pat on the back. You're the one who most desrves it.

                  I don't believe that for a minute. The way things are going it will be Chinese "PLASTIC". How many transactions take place each day without actual cash changing hands?

                  As to the R/C CLERMONT:

                  At this point you know almost as much as I do. I was contacted by the builder indirectly the "sleeping" Saugerties Fulton Steamboat Foundation's Website. I went into the E-mail system and had all E-mails forwarded to my Hotmail Acct. I have rec'd approx a dozen E-mails so far, all of which I have personally answered. The CLERMONT builder asked for drawings etc. which I have sent him. I keep you posted as i learn more.

                  Pete

                • James or Carmen Dugan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2006
                    Posted by: "Frank McNeill" frankmcneilll@... frankmcneilll
                    Snip...

                    > I'm currently engaged in a boom box battle with the black folks
                    > downstairs, who play gangsta-rap-crap 24-7. When it gets loud enough to
                    > shake the floor I retaliate with a stack of classical masterpieces. At the
                    > moment the 1812 Overture is approaching the point where they orginally fired
                    > cannons onstage! I started practicing this strategy on a pair of rednecks
                    > who lived there several years ago, after reading about a McDonalds drive in
                    > that started blasting classics outside to break up congregations of
                    > teenagers that used the parking lot as a place for their get-togethers. It
                    > seems to be working, because I don't hear the gangsta-rap boom booms any
                    > more, possibly as a result of the synthesized cannon fire.

                    Heh.....

                    > Best wishes to all, old suddenly gone deaf Frank

                    I have a house in the suburbs, and I've found that working outside with
                    the AM blasting Rush Limbaugh or Hannity also works...fewer 'gangsta's'
                    and they stick around less time with the two dope-smokin' teenagers that
                    live next door. Their mom doesn't seem to see it, I sure can SMELL it.
                    I've already been in one shouting match with their mom, expects me to
                    tell her, and NOT call the police....t'ain't gonna happen that way.
                    :-)

                    The rest of the neighbourhood seems fine, but *I* have the local
                    schmucks next to me...
                    ;/