Another multi-diaphram engine.

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
      Another multi-diaphram engine.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLNyMHdoXo
    • Jean-Yves Renaud
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2011
        Is it really a multi-diaphragm engine? It could be 3 engines (2 pipes
        and one diaphragm per engine) located inside the same housing.
        Jean-Yves

        Note: this comment by email because I cannot reply on the forum.
        Something has been changed since my last post...
      • Daryl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
          I recorded the audio from this video and had a look with Audacity. It appears to be one boiler with a hertz of about 5.5.....OR.....if it is 3 boilers they are in perfect sync. See my photos for the printout. Cover photo of my album/last photo in my album. Guess we could ask him. Computers sure are handy.

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Yves Renaud <boite.de.j-y@...> wrote:

          > Is it really a multi-diaphragm engine? It could be 3 engines (2 pipes
          > and one diaphragm per engine) located inside the same housing.
          > Jean-Yves
          >
          > Note: this comment by email because I cannot reply on the forum.
          > Something has been changed since my last post...

        • papypp44
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
            Daryl, you are probably right. However, the record is not a proof. For instance, if you look carefully at the video of my rescue boat (www.eclecticspace.net/doc5) you will notice that the sound is not in phase with the video. I didn't try to cheat. It is simply because my camera doesn't record the sound. I used Audacity for the sound and added it later to the video.
            J-Y

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2011
              I asked him the question via his youtube channel. I'll let you know if he answers the question.