Re: RC Paddle wheel boat.

    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2011
      Hi Pete,

      Go to http://www.microflight.com/ for stuff that might also be used in pop-pop boats.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 28, 2011
        Hi Frank,

        I know about Microflight. The fellow in Group photo of the finished unit has the Micro Butterfly. He flew a demo inside his shop for me. The micro RC is amazing to say the least. Ken was apparently one of the top RC pilots in the country when he was younger. One of the clubs he blongs to flies in one of the local HS Gyms. He has dozens of RC planes, receivers & transmitters...a good resource when the time comes.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 28, 2011
          Hi Pete,

          I've never flown an RC plane. I assemble a lot of free flight models
          when I was a kid and soloed in a war surplus Piper J3 the summer I had
          my 17th birthday. I came in too high for a 3-point landing and too low
          to hop over a barbed wire fence , so I made a 45 degree turn with one
          wheel on the ground and the tail still in the air. The plane didn't
          have wheel brakes, so I had to let it roll down into a shallow gully
          and get out to pick up the tail and turn it around. Then I gunned to
          get out of the gully and taxi past my instructor. He was wearing khaki
          trousers and I could see that he had wet his pants.
          There are times when discretion is the better part of valor. This
          seemed like one of those times, so I taxied several hundred yards
          further, killed the engine, hopped onto my bicycle and bailed out of
          there.

          Old Frank

          --
          If you have a skeleton in your closet, take it out and dance with it.
          -- Carolyn MacKenzie