Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Calling for Backup!!

  • caedave
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
      Quite O.K. and the time shift means people don't have to wait so long.

      Dave M
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
        Frank,

        I'm glad to see that people have volunteered to be co-moderators.
        Against my better judgement I was going to volunteer if no one had
        stepped up to the plate. In our previous discussions I indicated all of
        my involvements and my reasons for not wanting to be moderator. I'll
        repeat my two primary reasons for the others.

        I'm still working a full time job as a Sr. Mechanical CAD Designer.
        Lately it's been 45-50 hours/wk. The second is that I am chairman for my
        Elemetary School class of 1957 group. I'm in the midst of putting
        together our 50th anniversary reunion for August of next year. It
        requires that I spend 10-15 hrs/wk. I live in NY the Reunion is in
        Manchester, NH. Classmates are located in 20+ states. Most have E-mail.
        About a third do not. As you can imagine trying to coodinate a facility,
        meals, accomodations etc. long distance is no easy task. This is my
        second attempt. The first was last year and was extremely successful,
        45% turnout. I thought that the second one would be easier. It turns out
        that it has become slightly more difficult because of the 63 people that
        I have located there is a new cast of characters. New questions, new
        inputs.

        I will help out in this group at what ever capacity that I am able. Just
        ask and I'll do when & what I can.

        A little side note. This weekend I was contacted by a fellow who is
        asking for help in detailing the North River. He wants to build a
        historically accurate model scale: 1" to 1' (approx 15' long) power by
        an electric RC motor. A second fellow from the Albany are contact me
        about steamboats. He's finishing up on a homebuilt paddlewheel steam
        launch in the 24' range. I'll post his website this evening.

        Regards,