My take on RC steering for Put Put Boats

  • MO
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2011
      I really have devoted so little time to put put vs live steam boats in my shop but I have recently built a boat that incorporates silicone tubing extensions on the output tubes from my coil engine.

      A small micro servo inverted above the tubes makes it possible to steer quite well in tight quarters. The boat is a quick and fast build in a large sardine can - and is quite heavy at 25cm long and over 10ounces in weight seems quite spry.

      I have no idea if I have made what others have already done long ago or if it is unique. But it seems to work quite well

      NOTE- please forgive my errors in the pictures in my album-all measurements shown to be MM should have bee noted in CM. Sorry

      My album is titled Mogogear's work. I do have a video of it on my you tube account in a test run in the bath tub..The lake is tomorrow if time allows.

      If it is ok to post my video link here I Shall- I hope that it is permissible. Copy and paste the following:

      http://youtu.be/0TpsYTosvzk

      Cheers friends