Re: The answer to Putt Putt Steering.

  • WhiteDenims
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2011
      Vectored thrust - terrific!

      > Check this out. Very clever.
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011

        I agree...Clever! It's kinda like the jet skis or Buehler Turbocraft jet boats of the 60's.

        We should invite him to join our group.

        > Check this out. Very clever.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk

      • David Trujillo
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011
          yea u shud  hey guys im 13 and i need help  in my shed i found a 1.5 feet long .5  feet  wide  and i weigh's  about5 pounds or so  do you think that  6  six pop pop boat engines that are  (slater harrison's models    the long one  made out of aluninum can ) will propell the boat ?

          To: pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com
          From: georgeyyy@...
          Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:58:39 +0000
          Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: The answer to Putt Putt Steering.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011
            Hi Pete et. al, Too late, he already is a member!

            Older than dirt, Frank

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29, 2011
              Go to < http://www.tested.com/news/apptoyz-leveraging-iphone-for-remote-control-vehicles/1716/> for what will eventually be the answer.

              Old Frank

              > yea u shud hey guys im 13 and i need help in my shed i found a 1.5 feet long .5 feet wide and i weigh's about5 pounds or so do you think that 6 six pop pop boat engines that are (slater harrison's models the long one made out of aluninum can ) will propell the boat ?
              >
              > To: pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com
              > From: georgeyyy@...
              > Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:58:39 +0000
              > Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: The answer to Putt Putt Steering.

              > I agree...Clever! It's kinda like the jet skis or Buehler Turbocraft jet boats of the 60's.
              >
              > We should invite him to join our group.
              >
              > Pete
              >

              > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Check this out. Very clever.
              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk

            • MO
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011
                NOW I am embarrassed--I didn't realize this post was even about my boat steering-Had Iread that it was originally posted by Daryl- I might have woken up. I just read Franks post about the cell / smart phone controller / radio and assumed that was the subject matter.

                Shows I should read more before posting--I truly did not want to come off as bragging.

                I use a cheap Hobby King 2.4 gig radio ( 4 channel at $39.00 with a rX included) - it sure works great on all of my live steam boats and now my little Muc Mara put put boat too!

                Message 7 of 8 , May 1, 2011

                  MO,

                  Nothing to be embarrassed about.

                  Also; post away with your photos and/or videos. That's what we are all about...sharing ideas thru words, photos & videos. THANKS

                  Pete