The answer to Putt Putt Steering.

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2011
      Check this out. Very clever.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk
    • WhiteDenims
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 27, 2011
        Vectored thrust - terrific!

        > Check this out. Very clever.
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011

          I agree...Clever! It's kinda like the jet skis or Buehler Turbocraft jet boats of the 60's.

          We should invite him to join our group.

          > Check this out. Very clever.
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk

        • David Trujillo
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011
            yea u shud  hey guys im 13 and i need help  in my shed i found a 1.5 feet long .5  feet  wide  and i weigh's  about5 pounds or so  do you think that  6  six pop pop boat engines that are  (slater harrison's models    the long one  made out of aluninum can ) will propell the boat ?

            To: pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com
            From: georgeyyy@...
            Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:58:39 +0000
            Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: The answer to Putt Putt Steering.

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 28, 2011
              Hi Pete et. al, Too late, he already is a member!

              Older than dirt, Frank

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29, 2011
                Go to < http://www.tested.com/news/apptoyz-leveraging-iphone-for-remote-control-vehicles/1716/> for what will eventually be the answer.

                Old Frank

                > yea u shud hey guys im 13 and i need help in my shed i found a 1.5 feet long .5 feet wide and i weigh's about5 pounds or so do you think that 6 six pop pop boat engines that are (slater harrison's models the long one made out of aluninum can ) will propell the boat ?
                >
                > To: pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com
                > From: georgeyyy@...
                > Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 11:58:39 +0000
                > Subject: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: The answer to Putt Putt Steering.

                > I agree...Clever! It's kinda like the jet skis or Buehler Turbocraft jet boats of the 60's.
                >
                > We should invite him to join our group.
                >
                > Pete
                >

                > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Daryl" <darylcanada73@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Check this out. Very clever.
                > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TpsYTosvzk

              • MO
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 30, 2011
                  NOW I am embarrassed--I didn't realize this post was even about my boat steering-Had Iread that it was originally posted by Daryl- I might have woken up. I just read Franks post about the cell / smart phone controller / radio and assumed that was the subject matter.

                  Shows I should read more before posting--I truly did not want to come off as bragging.

                  I use a cheap Hobby King 2.4 gig radio ( 4 channel at $39.00 with a rX included) - it sure works great on all of my live steam boats and now my little Muc Mara put put boat too!

                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2011

                    MO,

                    Nothing to be embarrassed about.

                    Also; post away with your photos and/or videos. That's what we are all about...sharing ideas thru words, photos & videos. THANKS

                    Pete