Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Calling for Backup!!

  • caedave
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6 2:01 AM
      Frank.

      I'm in the same position on the age front but. will help out if you need it.

      Normally takes me a couple of hours each morning to clear my in-box
      and do my Mod thing's (Too many groups!!!) so a few more will not be noticed.

      Dave M.
      I borrowed the subject line from a Travelocity commercial, because I would like to have a few co-moderators and co-owners for the group which was set up so joining is subject to approval by a moderator. I want the group to survive my demise and could assure this by changing the status of volunteers from members to co-moderators or co-owners. We don't have rules or anything off-topic, so granting or denying permission to join the group is just about all that co-moderators and co-owners would need to do.
      I should warn you that if there aren't any volunteers, I might change everybody's status from member to co-owner!

      Best wishes to all, old Frank
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 6 3:19 AM
        Thanks Dave,

        WD, Dale Smith, volunteered to back me up earlier. Two back ups is better than one though, so your offer of help is gratefully accepted.

        Best wishes, Frank

        On 11/6/06, caedave <caedave@...> wrote:

[...]

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      • caedave
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 6 3:58 AM
          Quite O.K. and the time shift means people don't have to wait so long.

          Dave M

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 6 4:02 AM
            Frank,

            I'm glad to see that people have volunteered to be co-moderators.
            Against my better judgement I was going to volunteer if no one had
            stepped up to the plate. In our previous discussions I indicated all of
            my involvements and my reasons for not wanting to be moderator. I'll
            repeat my two primary reasons for the others.

            I'm still working a full time job as a Sr. Mechanical CAD Designer.
            Lately it's been 45-50 hours/wk. The second is that I am chairman for my
            Elemetary School class of 1957 group. I'm in the midst of putting
            together our 50th anniversary reunion for August of next year. It
            requires that I spend 10-15 hrs/wk. I live in NY the Reunion is in
            Manchester, NH. Classmates are located in 20+ states. Most have E-mail.
            About a third do not. As you can imagine trying to coodinate a facility,
            meals, accomodations etc. long distance is no easy task. This is my
            second attempt. The first was last year and was extremely successful,
            45% turnout. I thought that the second one would be easier. It turns out
            that it has become slightly more difficult because of the 63 people that
            I have located there is a new cast of characters. New questions, new
            inputs.

            I will help out in this group at what ever capacity that I am able. Just
            ask and I'll do when & what I can.

            A little side note. This weekend I was contacted by a fellow who is
            asking for help in detailing the North River. He wants to build a
            historically accurate model scale: 1" to 1' (approx 15' long) power by
            an electric RC motor. A second fellow from the Albany are contact me
            about steamboats. He's finishing up on a homebuilt paddlewheel steam
            launch in the 24' range. I'll post his website this evening.

            Regards,