Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] Re: There are seventeen of us now.

  • Art Port
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
      Thanks Frank,
          We're a pretty esoteric group. We know what we're doing and how to do it, but not always WHY it works. That depends on the structure of the grass and that information's not always available to someone without a PhD in the field of botany. And from what we've seen, it's not always available if you DO have a PhD! <G> (So we'll be gentle - BSEG)
      Take care,
      Art

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
        Hi Art,

        Apparently Dr. Sastry does monitor our chatter because
        he was faster off the mark than I was. Flyrod construction
        is probably more of a domestic passion, so I went to the
        American Bamboo Society's website and found this for
        you at http://tinyurl.com/zwvf9 Let me know if what you
        obtain there is inadequate and I will take another crack at it.

        Best wishes, Frank

      • Art Port
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
          Thanks again, Frank,
              To give you an idea of what's already out there, you might take a look at:
          http://www.bamboorodmaking.com/   to see how we do such magic.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
            Thank you Art for this URL, I added a link "Bamboo Rod Making Tips"
            so it can be found after this string has passed out of sight, and as the
            saying goes, "out of mind."

            Best wishes to all, and to all a good night,