New Link

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 15, 2011

      Just added a link titled "Robot Marketplace" with a bit of info about the BlinkRC WiFi RC Receiver. There are several WiFi gadgets that can be used as remote controllers. The Apple iPad can control a battery-powered thing with four rotors that is manufactured in France and the referenced example provides video of a model car being steered by moving a finger across the display panel of a cell phone. Is anybody interested in developing a WiFi pop-pop boat?

      Best Wishes, Old Frank
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 15, 2011
        Welcome back Frank,

        The Fulton group recently found the sanme site. We're using their DC gearmotor MODEL NUMBER PK32F260-516 to drive our display unit. We had a mini gearmotor first belt drive then direct drive. It had the necessary power but the small gearhead used plastic gears. One of the motors failed at Cabin Fever 2011 so we opted out and went back to the bigger gearmotor with a belt drive. I posted a couple of new pix.