Re: Help

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 14, 2011
      Hi Sajer,

      For some reason or other, both types have been called pop-pop boats. Go to the links section for a link to Daryl's video channel to see boats with engines of both types, those that pop, and those that just gurgle.

      Old Frank

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Sajer" <goddet2004@...> wrote:

      > Sorry, but am I at the wrong place to ask about the copper-coil powered steam boats? I was hoping to learn about those here, since they work on the same concept as pop-pop-steamboats?
      >
      > Apologies,
      > Sajer

    • jian hao kong
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 14, 2011
        Hi Old Frank,

        Thanks a lot for the pointing out that section to me, didn't really explore that area since most of my other groups do not utilize it. I've watched a few of Daryl's videos and they are indeed useful. I'm now reading Dr. Guus Flogel's instructions from Slater Harrison's site. Seems like I should be on the way to constructing my first  pop-pop boat!

        Thanks again,
        Sajer

        For some reason or other, both types have been called pop-pop boats. Go to the links section for a link to Daryl's video channel to see boats with engines of both types, those that pop, and those that just gurgle.

        Old Frank

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Sajer" <goddet2004@...> wrote:

        > Sorry, but am I at the wrong place to ask about the copper-coil powered steam boats? I was hoping to learn about those here, since they work on the same concept as pop-pop-steamboats?
        >
        > Apologies,
        > Sajer

      • Slater Harrison
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 14, 2011

          Hi Sajer,

          I have little experience with the copper tube kind. However I have some good links to information about them.

          http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/boat/coil_boat.htm

          Best wishes,

          Slater

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 15, 2011
            Also check out the Files section of the group, I posted a PDF in there of Len Stevens' article "Pulse Projection" from Model Boats Magazine, where he explores the use of square-section tube in his experiments with coiled-tube pop-pops. My little wooden pop-pop "Popflea" (pics in the Photos section of the group) was inspired by this article.

            Richard Jenkins