Re: Six Tugboats

  • charleswclarke@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2010
      Yes, I created the design, but I used a lot of information that I found on the various pop-pop internet sites. Sorry, but I do not have a drawing to share. Some recycled materials were used. The 8-inch hull is a polypropylene food tray from the local supermarket, and the boiler is made from old copper roof flashing. The tubes are copper-nickel brake line. Two rubber grommets affixed to the hull allow for the removal of the engine if necessary. The engine joints are all silver-brazed. The tugboat "superstructure" was shaped from green florist foam and covered with fiberglass. Charles
    • charleswclarke@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 28, 2010
        Thanks Daryl. I had made a few prototypes during the summer. I learned that I really could not get away with soft-soldering. Hopeful, the silver brazing will be much more durable. Charles
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 28, 2010
          Charles,

          Thanks for the info. You have created a very nice design. I noticed that the letters on the stacks were different. Do they represent the various gift recipients?

          On your design: If you are willing I can sketch up your design in CAD. You would, of course get full credit. Please let me know via personal E-mail. We can discuss further.

          Pete

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 28, 2010
            Pete,
            Yes, the letter on the stack is the first letter of the first name of the recipient. Two are for brothers with the the same first initial. I had plans to paint their boats different colors, but I was not too happy with the other color. At the last minute, I resprayed them both the same color.
            Charles