Re: re demotion

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
      Thanks Frank,

      It works for me! I had forgotten about W.D Smith.

      HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!

      > I am not planning to leave the group until an old guy with long whiskers and a scythe drags me off stage. In reply to Pete, the group already has three owners- you, Daryl and W.D. Smith, who mostly hangs out in his cave. Richard Jenkins, builder of the little wooden Popflea with a square tube engine would probably be a good candidate. He is younger than most of ua and interested in developing a RC boat with a Kitchen rudder for reverse motion and steering in both directions. My ambition was to interest members of the "FOOTY" discussion group in development of "Hot-Footies" with both engines and square-riigged sails. Britain'a magnificent Warrior of 1860 comes to mind as an indication of what the ultimate HOT-FOOTY might look like.
      >
      > ttfn, Old Frank

    • Richard
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 26, 2010
        Thanks Frank for that nomination and vote of confidence. Unfortunately I haven't made a lot of progress on the Kitchen rudder R/C pop-pop boat due to a backlog of projects on the workbench and a general case of "too many hands on my time" syndrome, but my day job keeps me planted in front of a computer most of the time, so co-moderating another Yahoo group shouldn't be a problem for me. I will gladly volunteer if my services are needed.

        Richard Jenkins
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2010
          Thanks Richard for adding to this "thread." Does your day job have any relation to mechanical design or manufacturing- and do you know of any small companies that be interested in manufacturing R/C pop-pop boats? If any of my former co-owners are following this thread, please promote Richard to the status of a co-owner on standby. Best Wishes to All,
          Old Frank

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 27, 2010
            Good Morning all-

            Please welcome Richard Jenkins as one of our co-owners. I have updated his status per Frank's request. Thanks Richard for accepting Frank's offer. It's great to have someone from one of the younger generations get involved in a both fun and educational hobby group.

            FYI! I grew up in Manchester, NH , just a few miles North of Lawrence, MA.

            best regards,