Re: Demotion

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2010

      > I have demoted myself from co-owner to member for several reasons including old age and the death of my imac computer which has been replaced with an ipad that is less than adequate for use by a moderator. I reached this decision after discovering that my effort to change a member's status from moderated to unmoderated had removed him from the group instead. The tiny display and keypad of an ipad do not compensate for the loss of an imac with a large display, keyboard, and other features that are not available on an pads that I know of.
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > Old Frank

      Welcome back Frank. Sorry to hear that you have demoted yourself. You were the "glue" that bonded us all together. I will continue as a co-moderator an try to monitor activity. I would like to pick a a third co-moderator...any volunteers?

      Pete

      PS: There are accessories for the I-pad. Like everything else you have to decide what you want vs what you need!
    • Daryl
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 2010
        Frank, Take the ipad back and get a new Mac. We need you. This
        forum needs you.

        And a Merry Christmas to all.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 25, 2010
          > BTW: who has the best prices on small pop-pop boats ? I volunteer
          > part time at a Maritime Museum with a gift shop and I think pop-pop
          > boats would be a good addition.
          > Thanks
          > Wes

          Below are some indian pop pop boat exporters. The first two have standard boats for ~$.50 each in boxes of 100-250, with shipping ~$60. Welby's price list seems high, but I may not be interperting it correctly.

          http://www.alibaba.com/products/pop_pop_boats/IN----------50.html
          http://www.girigiriexports.com/tin-toys.htm
          http://www.welby.in/pop-pop-boats.html