Re: Demotion

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2010
      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "WESLEY" <wgoostrey@...> wrote:

      > Dear Old Frank,
      > If you believe (and REALLY BELIEVE !!) with all your heart !!! ...maybe Santa will BRING you a new computer !! I know we'd ALL
      > hate loosing you as our LEADER MODERATOR !! This thread is such a wealth of ideas , information , and pictures !
      > MERRY CHRISTMAS and other seasons best wishes to one and ALL !!
      > BTW: who has the best prices on small pop-pop boats ? I volunteer
      > part time at a Maritime Museum with a gift shop and I think pop-pop
      > boats would be a good addition.
      > Thanks
      > Wes

      Hi Wes,

      I believe that Frank's I-Pad was from Santa, an early present.

      I'm not sure who has the best prices but this company seems to be pretty reasonable. http://www.tintoyarcade.com/products/POP-POP-Boat-Gold-Top-Tin-Classic.html .
      Not to discourage but Frank and others have discussed child safety issues with the sharp edges of the tin Po-Pops. If it's not classified as a "toy" it may be enough. Worth reading up on and/or discussing with Museum Board.

      What Maritime Museum are you working at? I've been doing volunteer work fro the Clermont State Historic Site in Germantown, NY. Now retired so I'm looking at the Hudson River Maritime Museum as well.

      Merry Christmas to all!
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2010

        > I have demoted myself from co-owner to member for several reasons including old age and the death of my imac computer which has been replaced with an ipad that is less than adequate for use by a moderator. I reached this decision after discovering that my effort to change a member's status from moderated to unmoderated had removed him from the group instead. The tiny display and keypad of an ipad do not compensate for the loss of an imac with a large display, keyboard, and other features that are not available on an pads that I know of.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        > Old Frank

        Welcome back Frank. Sorry to hear that you have demoted yourself. You were the "glue" that bonded us all together. I will continue as a co-moderator an try to monitor activity. I would like to pick a a third co-moderator...any volunteers?

        Pete

        PS: There are accessories for the I-pad. Like everything else you have to decide what you want vs what you need!
      • Daryl
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 25, 2010
          Frank, Take the ipad back and get a new Mac. We need you. This
          forum needs you.

          And a Merry Christmas to all.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 2010
            > BTW: who has the best prices on small pop-pop boats ? I volunteer
            > part time at a Maritime Museum with a gift shop and I think pop-pop
            > boats would be a good addition.
            > Thanks
            > Wes

            Below are some indian pop pop boat exporters. The first two have standard boats for ~$.50 each in boxes of 100-250, with shipping ~$60. Welby's price list seems high, but I may not be interperting it correctly.

            http://www.alibaba.com/products/pop_pop_boats/IN----------50.html
            http://www.girigiriexports.com/tin-toys.htm
            http://www.welby.in/pop-pop-boats.html