Re: Boiler design, diaphragm construction

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2010
      William -

      In Frank's absence I'll try to help you out! Here goes...

      Go to "Files" and check out Jean-Yves instructions for a diaphragm engine. This article should get you going.
      Building_a_diaphragm_pop-pop_engine_V1.3.pdf

      I'm sure that there are others.

      Pete

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, William Abernathy <william@...> wrote:

      > Hi all. If there's an FAQ on this, let me know.
      >
      > My daughters are nuts for Ponyo, and I look for any excuse to work with metal,
      > so I'm building a pop-pop boat.
      >
      > I want it to actually pop, so I would like to source a solderable material
      > that's appropriate for a diaphragm. I intend to use half an Altoid Smalls tin
      > for the body of the boiler, but need a proper spec for brass sheet thickness. I
      > would also appreciate any sage counsel you might have for the noob attempting
      > this for the first time.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > --William
      >
      > --
      > William Abernathy
      > Berkeley, CA
      > http://yourwritereditor.com

    • Motleyjust
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2010
        I get a The webpage cannot be found  message from that URL.

        motleyjustmotleynothingbutmotley

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
          Sorry...Yahoo is funny! Some times links work other times they don't. It seems to be a hit or miss operation.

          Go to "Files" and check out folder "Pop-pop - La page de Jean-Yves"
          for instructions on making a diaphragm engine. This article should get you going.

          The document is a PDF file labeled "Building_a_diaphragm_pop-pop_engine_V1.3.pdf"

          Hope that gets you there.

          Pete