Troubles posting

  • tom.nied@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2010
      I can see why this forum is so difficult, everything has to go through a filter. I'm not sure this is working.
    • David Halfpenny (y)
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
          OK, I stand corrected. Although I posted my original message on having trouble with the forum over 18 hours ago, it shows I posted it 3 hours ago. Some sort of lag. 7:00 A.M. CT USA
        • Jean-Yves Renaud
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
            The messages through normal email way seems working, but we don't see
            the photos and old messages. My problem is to know where on the forum we
            have to click to reply to a particular message.
          • david.halfpenny@yahoo.co.uk
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
              J-Y,

              Click on the blue Topic name, in this case "Troubles posting" and the messages in the thread will display.

              Move your cursor to the message you wish to reply to, and a blue Reply will magically appear below it. Click on that and a reply box will open up for you to write in. If you click the blue arrow to the left of the grey word Options, you will get some extra choices.

              It looks as though the guys who programmed this believe that we would all know this instinctively without any notification, training or Help, but I thing the truth is simpler - they are new to Yahoo, have backgrounds in Blogging, and aren't smart enough to conceive of a better way of doing things.

              The vast majority of Yahoo Users who have expressed an opinion hate it, and Yahoo now say the new interface is only intended for certain types of group. They are trying to improve it, and indeed a few weeks ago it was a great deal worse than it is now. I am on the special Yahoo Group devoted to helping Yahoo take out more bugs and make further improvements, but if all the suggestions were implemented we would be back to how it was before!

              David 1/2d
            • Zoomkat@hotmail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2010
                "but if all the suggestions were implemented we would be back to how it was before!"

                Well, it was reasonably easy to use and not full of dead end do-dads. Guess I'll just use the emails fowarded to me to keep up with the forum.