Re: Resize cardstock plans

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 7, 2010

      > I did some tinkering with a free cardstock CSS ALBEMARLE PLANS somebody had posted in the past. The deck shape in the plans is too small to use directly to trace on wood for pop pop use. I opened the pdf and used the select option to capture the deck outline, copied the outline to the clipboard, and pasted in word pad. In word pad or MS word, the deck outline can be stretched in length and width to the shape desired, and then printed out for tracing. Below is the deck outline enlarged to fit on a sheet of paper (set the top and bottom margins to 0 prior to printing). In MS word the shape can be streched to fit a legal size piece if a larger hull outline is needed.
      >
      > http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/wEWtTPCifDNR1eIIiGZHbnDXLKHLFTXkyDrOphRSCTNp2JWWSY6Or4EaG6n53ssY7cz4-yoecPYeV2k4-oM698c-qVyWOw/Zoomkat/boat%5B1%5D.pdf

      I found that the link doesn't work. If you have the same issue please go to pop-pop-steamboats "Files > Zoomcat" you will find the files mentioned. Look for "ALBERMARLE".

    • Jack Stinson
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 7, 2010
        Yep...when I started looking at designs, I re-sized the CSS Abermarle all sorts of different ways. In the end, I just looked around for another boat with a wider and longer casement (CSS Baltic) because I wanted the end product to be less than 9" long, radio controlled, and as scale as I could get it above the waterline.
        .
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2010
          Found info at http://www.squidoo.com/inkjetimagetransfer about methods and materials for transferring stuff from ink jet printouts to surfaces of a variety of materials. There is also a Yahoo discussion group inkjet_transfers populated mostly by women who sell stuff of this kind.