Re: [pop-pop-steamboats] CSS Palmetto State

  • Jack Stinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2010
      Oops!  I suppose that would help.
      Maybe this is a well-known place. I haven't been there before, that I recall.
      Anyway, a free model to try out for a test version 'micro-r/c paper-clad'

      http://www.ecardmodels.com/

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2010
        The latest homepage picture was cobbled together from Jack's photo of his pop-pop boat with a Spektrum R/C brick, and a wikipedia diagram to show how the Kitchen rudder works. A Kitchen rudder would require two control channels, which happens to be what a standard Spektrum brick provides. According to what I have read a big fleet of pop-pop boats could sail in the same pond without the signal interference of older R/C systems. I hope Michael Henriksen sees this, because the next big Internet thing will be the ability to "kick the tires" of cars, or pop-pop boats, in tele-presence showrooms on the other side of the globe. A Japanese company has used a virtual showroom to sell home appliances this way for several years.

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, Jack Stinson <jack.stinson@...> wrote:

        > Oops!  I suppose that would help.
        > Maybe this is a well-known place. I haven't been there before, that I recall.
        > Anyway, a free model to try out for a test version 'micro-r/c paper-clad'
        >
        > http://www.ecardmodels.com/

      • frankmcneill
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 23, 2010
          P/S

          Forgot to mention that a Spektrum brick has the two servos that a Kitchen rudder would require.