Re: Putt Putt Sailboat.

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 22, 2010

      Good morning (EST) Norm,

      Thanks for posting your photos. My approach is a little bit different than yours as I have a CAD system in which I can layout my conceptual idea. Like you I created a paper pattern by printing my CAD file out on card stock. That allowed me to cut the pattern out, fold and form the seams then tape. My plan is to have a right an a left half of the hull which will be solders along the keel. One idea is to use rectangular tubes for the engine and incorporate into the keel. I also show a couple of CAD conceptual engines. No hardware yet as my time is being consumed by my Fulton Engine projest and a Rumsey Rotary Steam Engine project with a group in West Virginia. They are working with a 1791 British Patent developed by James Rumsey.

      The Fulton project is winding down. One of the volunteers in Maryland is building the bulk of the model. We will marry his work with all of the remaining pieces here in New York. It's been a rewarding project as the 6 volunteers live in 4 different states. The Rumseian Society hope to have a working engine installed in a boat by Dec 20, 2012. We are brainstorming the original patent and updating to a contemporary design. If interested I can give yo more info outside the message board.

      PS: there are photo albums form both steam pioneers.

      regards,  Pete