Re: Using WD40 on the pipes

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 38 , Sep 13 1:55 AM
      I don't totally trust Wikipedia for information put this page about alcohol is interesting.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methanol

      There was a mention of using alcohol as a cleaner on metal could leave a residue that reduced the bonding properties of adhesives. When using adhesives such as JB weldbond it is a really good idea to course sand the metal for best adhesion.
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 15 5:47 PM
        John YAHOO wrote:

        > I am in the UK. Over the years and more recently I've ordered 500ml of
        > Isopropyl alcohol from several local independent pharmacies. None have
        > ever had it in stock but they can get it for you within 24 hours. The
        > last 500ml cost me £4.75 (about $7 US)
        > John
        > G3UGY

        Wow. Here in the US, I can usually buy a quart of 91% (the more
        expensive stuff) for under $2.