Stirling Engine Boat

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006

      Hey Gang,

      Check this website out:

      http://www.nmri.go.jp/eng/khirata/stirling/boat_design/index_e.html

      Another approach to making a Clermont model. The stirling engine is a little more involved than a gurgle engine but could be a next generation. The engine itself is simple but the necessary linkage to propel might take some work.

      The DWG & DXF files are importable with the CAD software that I use.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2006
        Hi Pete and Gang,

        For Stirling basics, go to the links section for "Animated Engines" which shows several animated line drawings of Stirling engines, "Rotary Stirling Engines History" the  "Stirling Engine and Hot Air Engine Home Page" and "Stirling Engines and Kits."

        Best wishes to all, old Frank

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2006

          Hi Frank,

          Lunch time so I thought that I'd send a quick note. The followingg link has a neat animated Stiirling Engine and description.

          library.thinkquest.org/.../ stirling.php3?v=2

          I saw some basic thermal Stirlings at the New England Wireless and Steam Museum in Greenwich, RI. Nice place to spend a day, especially if there is a steam day.

          http://users.ids.net/~newsm/

          One of my elemetary school friends and I went this year. He is into the wireless and I am into steam engines. I'll try to get more on the Stirling Engines that were on display.