Re: A New Home Page Picture

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
      Frank,

      You give me more credit than deserved. THX

      I would have thought that you would have picked up on it.

      It's a Mom & Pop boat!

      It has potential...

      prb

      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

      > Honest Injun All,
      >
      > This is not my fault and it doesn't even look like a pop-pop boat.
      > My best guess that we are indebted to Pete Baker for this picture.
      > Pete has the right to do anything he wants here because without Pete there wouldn't be a pop-pop steamboats group.
      > Members who have been here for a while might remember an evil day when there wasn't a pop-pop group anywhere. Another co-owner had decided to delete it for undisclosed reasons. It took a while but Pete Persistent hassled somebody at Yahoo Central until they finally gave up and dug into the archives for a file that was used to restore the group.
      > Pete beat the other guy to the draw and demoted him to the level of member. Demoted Guy left but is still out there somewhere peddling pop-pop boats developed by Slater Harrison the Science Toy Maker.
      > Go to http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/ for Slater's great website.
      >
      > Older than dirt, Frank

    • frankmcneill
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
        The children must have been adopted somewhere because they don't look a bit like Mom & Pop.

        Old Frank, aka punk or frunk, as pronounced by my great grandson Lawrence Santschi

        > Frank,
        >
        > You give me more credit than deserved. THX
        >
        > I would have thought that you would have picked up on it.
        >
        > It's a Mom & Pop boat!
        >
        > It has potential...
        >
        > prb
        >

        > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Honest Injun All,
        > >
        > > This is not my fault and it doesn't even look like a pop-pop boat.
        > > My best guess that we are indebted to Pete Baker for this picture.
        > > Pete has the right to do anything he wants here because without Pete there wouldn't be a pop-pop steamboats group.
        > > Members who have been here for a while might remember an evil day when there wasn't a pop-pop group anywhere. Another co-owner had decided to delete it for undisclosed reasons. It took a while but Pete Persistent hassled somebody at Yahoo Central until they finally gave up and dug into the archives for a file that was used to restore the group.
        > > Pete beat the other guy to the draw and demoted him to the level of member. Demoted Guy left but is still out there somewhere peddling pop-pop boats developed by Slater Harrison the Science Toy Maker.
        > > Go to http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/ for Slater's great website.
        > >
        > > Older than dirt, Frank

      • frankmcneill
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2010
          Hi All,

          Can anybody see Pete's Mom & Pop picture on the home page today?
          On the cardboardshipsandboats group David Halfpenny posted a message titled "Yahoo Groups Face-Lift" which reads as follows:
          Dear Members,

          In its struggle to increase advertising revenues, Yahoo is re-vamping the Groups with changes designed to attract people to stay logged-in to the website.
          Enhancements roll out gradually, starting today.Moderator reaction is a predictable mixture of wild enthusiasm, worry about new bugs being introduced, and a feeling that sorting out existing bugs should be higher priority.
          The first tranche of new features includes:
          • New homepage features
          • Simplified posting
          • Read and respond to entire conversations
          • Intuitive, faster photo sharing
          • Chat facilities (18 and older only)

          Fingers crossed!

          David 1/2d

          OOPS, I forgot to cross my fingers and that is probably why I can't see Pete's picture of the Mom and Pop Boat today.

          --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

          > The children must have been adopted somewhere because they don't look a bit like Mom & Pop.
          >
          > Old Frank, aka punk or frunk, as pronounced by my great grandson Lawrence Santschi
          >
          > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <georgeyyy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Frank,
          > >
          > > You give me more credit than deserved. THX
          > >
          > > I would have thought that you would have picked up on it.
          > >
          > > It's a Mom & Pop boat!
          > >
          > > It has potential...
          > >
          > > prb
          > >

          > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Honest Injun All,
          > > >
          > > > This is not my fault and it doesn't even look like a pop-pop boat.
          > > > My best guess that we are indebted to Pete Baker for this picture.
          > > > Pete has the right to do anything he wants here because without Pete there wouldn't be a pop-pop steamboats group.
          > > > Members who have been here for a while might remember an evil day when there wasn't a pop-pop group anywhere. Another co-owner had decided to delete it for undisclosed reasons. It took a while but Pete Persistent hassled somebody at Yahoo Central until they finally gave up and dug into the archives for a file that was used to restore the group.
          > > > Pete beat the other guy to the draw and demoted him to the level of member. Demoted Guy left but is still out there somewhere peddling pop-pop boats developed by Slater Harrison the Science Toy Maker.
          > > > Go to http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/ for Slater's great website.
          > > >
          > > > Older than dirt, Frank

        • David Halfpenny (t)
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2010
            I can see the Ark.

            Some people are reporting that they can't see some pictures that others
            can.
            Still a mystery.

            David

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2010

              Hi Frank & Crew,

              When I first uploaded the Ark it didn't display, even at the "Management" level. I figured that there was an issue with the jpeg file. With that thought I reloaded Frank's schooner image. It didn't display either. Satisfied that the Ark was okay to sail I uploaded and hoped that Yahoo would fix their display problem.

              I wasn't able to view the image for a couple of hours. I wasn't aware of the Yahoo update. Like most software updates tthey are seldom clean. Frequently new "BUGS" are introduced in trying to fix the old one and/or make improvements. It's the nature of the beast. TECHNOLOGY AT ITS BEST!

              Pete

              --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > Can anybody see Pete's Mom & Pop picture on the home page today?
              > On the cardboardshipsandboats group David Halfpenny posted a message titled "Yahoo Groups Face-Lift" which reads as follows:
              > Dear Members,
              >
              > In its struggle to increase advertising revenues, Yahoo is re-vamping the Groups with changes designed to attract people to stay logged-in to the website.
              > Enhancements roll out gradually, starting today.Moderator reaction is a predictable mixture of wild enthusiasm, worry about new bugs being introduced, and a feeling that sorting out existing bugs should be higher priority.
              > The first tranche of new features includes:
              > • New homepage features
              > • Simplified posting
              > • Read and respond to entire conversations
              > • Intuitive, faster photo sharing
              > • Chat facilities (18 and older only)
              >
              > Fingers crossed!
              >
              > David 1/2d
              >
              > OOPS, I forgot to cross my fingers and that is probably why I can't see Pete's picture of the Mom and Pop Boat today.
              >
              > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" frankmcneilll@ wrote:
              > >
              > > The children must have been adopted somewhere because they don't look a bit like Mom & Pop.
              > >
              > > Old Frank, aka punk or frunk, as pronounced by my great grandson Lawrence Santschi
              > >
              > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <georgeyyy@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Frank,
              > > >
              > > > You give me more credit than deserved. THX
              > > >
              > > > I would have thought that you would have picked up on it.
              > > >
              > > > It's a Mom & Pop boat!
              > > >
              > > > It has potential...
              > > >
              > > > prb

            • frankmcneill
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 2, 2010
                Hi Pete & Crew,

                On my old Macintosh box Yahoo's My Groups shows a list of Yahoo groups I have joined in two selectable versions, Simple and Expanded. I posted a copy of today's Expanded view in a photo album titled "Frank's Stuff" as evidence that Pete's ark should be today's home page picture. Yahoo reminds me of an automobile repair shop in my old home town where cars ran worse after they were repaired than before.

                > Hi Frank & Crew,
                >
                > When I first uploaded the Ark it didn't display, even at the
                > "Management" level. I figured that there was an issue with the jpeg
                > file. With that thought I reloaded Frank's schooner image. It didn't
                > display either. Satisfied that the Ark was okay to sail I uploaded and
                > hoped that Yahoo would fix their display problem.
                >
                > I wasn't able to view the image for a couple of hours. I wasn't aware of
                > the Yahoo update. Like most software updates tthey are seldom clean.
                > Frequently new "BUGS" are introduced in trying to fix the old one and/or
                > make improvements. It's the nature of the beast. TECHNOLOGY AT ITS BEST!
                >
                > Pete
                >

                > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill"
                > <frankmcneilll@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi All,
                > >
                > > Can anybody see Pete's Mom & Pop picture on the home page today?
                > > On the cardboardshipsandboats group David Halfpenny posted a message
                > titled "Yahoo Groups Face-Lift" which reads as follows:
                > > Dear Members,
                > >
                > > In its struggle to increase advertising revenues, Yahoo is re-vamping
                > the Groups with changes designed to attract people to stay logged-in to
                > the website.
                > > Enhancements roll out gradually, starting today.Moderator reaction is
                > a predictable mixture of wild enthusiasm, worry about new bugs being
                > introduced, and a feeling that sorting out existing bugs should be
                > higher priority.
                > > The first tranche of new features includes:
                > > • New homepage features
                > > • Simplified posting
                > > • Read and respond to entire conversations
                > > • Intuitive, faster photo sharing
                > > • Chat facilities (18 and older only)
                > >
                > > Fingers crossed!
                > >
                > > David 1/2d
                > >
                > > OOPS, I forgot to cross my fingers and that is probably why I can't
                > see Pete's picture of the Mom and Pop Boat today.
                > >
                > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill"
                > frankmcneilll@ wrote:
                > > >
                > > > The children must have been adopted somewhere because they don't
                > look a bit like Mom & Pop.
                > > >
                > > > Old Frank, aka punk or frunk, as pronounced by my great grandson
                > Lawrence Santschi
                > > >
                > > > --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "Pete" <georgeyyy@>

                > boat.
                > picture.
                > Pete there wouldn't be a pop-pop steamboats group.
                > day when there wasn't a pop-pop group anywhere. Another co-owner had
                > decided to delete it for undisclosed reasons. It took a while but Pete
                > Persistent hassled somebody at Yahoo Central until they finally gave up
                > and dug into the archives for a file that was used to restore the group.
                > of member. Demoted Guy left but is still out there somewhere peddling
                > pop-pop boats developed by Slater Harrison the Science Toy Maker.
                > website.

              • frankmcneill
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 2, 2010
                  Back for encore, Daryl's pop-pop sailboat

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
                    Good morning Frank,

                    I played around in Pop-Pop last evening. I tried adding photos to one of my albums. I am able to upload the photo description but not the image itself. The "box" with the red "X" in the corner is all that appears. I'll have to investigate.

                    Pete

                  • frankmcneill
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010
                      Good morning Pete

                      Give them hell Pete. Maybe you can get somebody to restore the group from archives the way you did after it was deleted by Mr. UNOHU.

                      Frank

                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 3, 2010

                        Noah