"Après nous le déluge"

  • frankmcneill
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2010
      Translation "Run, there's a flood headed this way."

      Hi All,

      In spite of any indication of recent activity, there has been a trickle of new members on the cardboardshipsandboats group. To avoid a riot by this mutinous crew I posted an invitation to join us on the pop-pop steamboats group. I didn't tell them how to get here, but one inquisitive member noticed this omission and I was forced to tell him so get ready to repel boarders.

      Old Frank
    • jeanyves_renaud
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010
        I think that a better translation would be "We don't care what happens after we are gone" (word for word it is "after us, the flood")

        --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, "frankmcneill" <frankmcneilll@...> wrote:

        > Translation "Run, there's a flood headed this way."
        >
        > Hi All,
        >
        > In spite of any indication of recent activity, there has been a trickle of new members on the cardboardshipsandboats group. To avoid a riot by this mutinous crew I posted an invitation to join us on the pop-pop steamboats group. I didn't tell them how to get here, but one inquisitive member noticed this omission and I was forced to tell him so get ready to repel boarders.
        >
        > Old Frank

      • David Halfpenny (t)
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2010