Re: A new fiberglass hull

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2010
      --- In pop-pop-steamboats@yahoogroups.com, charleswclarke@... wrote:

      > Pete,
      > Those new Elco's are indeed pretty. I have always admired the original Elco's, and it is really nice to see that the tradition continues. Hopefully, my somewhat crude fiberglass scale replica will capture at least some of the grace of the Elco design.
      > Charles

      If you have a hull mold, you may want to look at vacuum forming plastic hulls. Search youtube for "vacuum form" for a lot of DIY setups. I've tinkered with vacuum forming small objects using disposable plastic picnic plates for the plastic.
    • charleswclarke@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 2, 2010
        Thanks for your vacuuming forming suggestion. I have always wanted to give that a try.