Another Homepage Picture

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010

      I borrowed the latest homepage picture from one of Pete Baker's photo albums as a reminder that before there were boats with propellers or a lot of themwith paddle wheels, there was a jet propelled boat that might have inspired the invention of the first pop-pop boat.
      Go to http://tinyurl.com/2a3rxxx for video of a down-sized working replica designed, built and operated by a group of Pete's friends.

      Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2010
        Good morning,

        A follow-up on the Rumseian Society. Their EXPERIMENT, as the replica boat was called, was built in 1987 for the 200th Anniversary of James Rumsey's steamboat. Its last run was on the Hudson River in Aug 2007.
        The replica is now on static display in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

        We are now working on a replica of James Rumsey's rotary steam engine from his 1791 British Patent. We hope to have it operating in a small boat by December 2012. My contribution is in creating the CAD model from our long distant design collaboration. We paln to prototype along the way.

        Pete