Re: Welcome new members

  • darylcanada73
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2010
      Welcome Nick,

      There is a considerable amount of scientific information on line
      about pop pop engines. The links below will take you to some of the best......

      http://www.ias.ac.in/resonance/June2004/June2004p66-73.html

      http://www.springerlink.com/content/1721wv752755w881/

      http://www.eclecticspace.net/poppop/jy/pop-pop_engine_V2.pdf

      I expect everyone has already found the sciencetoymaker site and below
      is the beginnings of a Tech forum.........

      http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/ftopic29385-0-asc-0.php

      The math and physics of upsizing could be a good project.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011

        Welcome to new and relatively new members,

        Please tell us a little bit about yourself. What are your interests? What do you hope to learn from our member base? How can you contribute to make Pop-Pop the best group that it can be?

        THANKS,

        Pete

      • FosterAirborne
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2011
          I am 32 and have a small landscaping business in central Texas. I am a collector, but, while most collect things, I collect hobbies. I have a substantial bonsai collection and enjoy building with wood, steel, and recently soft metals. I find that I don't have the patience to build things as pretty as a lot of what I see here but you all inspire me.

          Have already learned a good bit from your database and enjoy the pics of everyone's work, can't say i can contribute much at this time but hope to get back to my hobbies soon. after building several boat engines i discovered sterling engines and was in the middle of a build when I had to move myself an my business and that has taken all my time.
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2011

            Thanks "FosterAirborne" for your little intro. It helps folks with common interest share.

            Pete